NEWSTANDS: February 2010
PHOTOGRAPHER: Craig McDean, styled by Lori Goldstein
NOTES: Pop Princess proves looking hot is the best revenge!
As her fourth album, Rated R, receives accolades and she gets ready to kick off her international tour, Rihanna is only getting hotter. Here, she sizzles in Gucci’s cotton dress with sexy cut-outs on the February 2010 cover of W Magazine, as captured by Craig McDean and styled by Lori Goldstein. Less than a year ago Rihanna was virtually in hiding. But now, with a hit record and a new sense of bravery, she’s ready to show the world who she really is.
Here are some highlights from her interview.
On the best part of her day: “When I’m with my glam team getting my hair and makeup done—we talk so much s—!”
On her fashion sense: “My stylist Mariel Haenn and I always try to do something sexy but never too girly—we always try to put a little toughness in there.”
On never once wishing herself back in Barbados, living a quiet life: “Oh no, I never fantasize about that. Because if I were back there, I know I’d be fantasizing about all this.”
Check out some more photos below….
Photo Credit: W
Rumor has it that Tila Tequila is starting her own record label.
Tila Tequila wrote on her official blog, about her latest endeavor:
I am EXTREMELY excited to announce that now have my very own RECORD LABEL!!!!!!! It’s just called “TILA TEQUILA RECORDS” because that name is trademarked already so I might as well use it for the Record Label too! For a long time I have been trying to get this up and going since the beginning of this year and now it’s FINALLY DONE!!!!!!! IT is OFFICIAL! Tila Tequila has her own record label “TILA TEQUILA RECORDS!”
Why should you choose this label over pretty much any other option? Tila lists a few reasons:
- A new artist signed at a “Major Record Label” is about 90% likely to “end up miserable and broke” because the album will never be released and/or promoted.
- Tila will “INSTANTLY, literally give you overnight fame.”
- She won’t take any commission off your record sales.
- YOU WILL BECOME A MAJOR SUPERSTAR FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY “SUPERSTAR!”
- Tequila is “a young, hot, sexy biatch who is relentless and passionate in what she does!”
- Artists under Tila’s label will accompany her on tours around the world and receive free first class trips. She will set them up with personalized merchandise and YouTube channels that make money.
In the end, Tequila writes “I am the new P.DIDDY except I’m in my 20’s, FEMALE, and BOSS BITCH!”
“What are your thoughts on her latest project?”