Nicki Minaj is being featured in the latest issue of YRB magazine. Inside she addresses the haters and opens up about her life. The photos look DOPE!!
Check out some excerpts from her interview after the jump….
On “Monster” Being The Pivotal Moment In Her Career
That has to be the breakout Nicki Minaj moment. That was my moment “People paid attention because of who was on it and because I held my own and I stayed true to my crazy animation, and it’s like I didn’t have to take my fun stuff out. I was able to incorporate Nicki Minaj on a record with Jay-Z and Kanye West. And I think people know that’s a difficult task in itself.”
On Female Rappers Who Don’t Support Her
These girls aren’t mad at me. They’re mad at themselves,” she states, shooting down questions on why she never took Kim’s bait. “[It’s] jealousy, insecurity and being broke. When you haven’t capitalized and you see I’m about to capitalize on this sh*t like it’s never been done before, then you’re mad at yourself.
On being afraid to release her album
I was so afraid to put out an album for fear of failure. I wanted to put my album out on Valentine’s Day of 2011. And my label was like, are you f*cking crazy?”
On ‘Pink Friday’
I know that ‘Pink Friday’ is a classic album. I have never been this proud of anything in my life,” she says. “I just think that it’s such a dynamic body of work. I’m no longer afraid to drop it. Now, I know it’s time…..
Read the full interview over @ YRB Magazine.com.
- Nicki Minaj Talks ‘Pink Friday’ With YRB Magazine (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Nicki Minaj Was Once ‘Afraid’ To Release Pink Friday (mtv.com)
- Nicki Minaj In YRB: “I’m About To Capitalize Like It’s Never Been Done Before” (hellobeautiful.com)
- “Nicki Minaj says “Roman’s Revenge” wasn’t towards Lil’ Kim” and related posts (missinfo.tv)
- Nicki Minaj wanted to wait to release her debut album (hollywoodnews.com)