Nicki Minaj brings her sexy on the cover of Elle’s May Music issue. Nicki leaves behind the colorful wigs and random ridiculous ensembles for a more tamed look. Elle’s Music Issue has a dual cover with star Gwen Stefani on it; the issue features artists Adele, Willow Smith, Jennifer Hudson, Feist, Hillary Scott, Robyn, Stevie Nicks, Florence Welch, and Aretha Franklin.
On being a rapper: “I always wanted to play with the boys. I didn’t want to be a pawn in their game or have a sidekick role. I wanted to be more of a lead character – a superhero.”
On her sense of style: “I tend to like booties…[pause]”—she takes a beat to clarify: no sexual meaning implied—“and really flashy shoes: totally studded out, in five colors with an insane platform.”
On her song “My Chick Bad” with Ludacris: “[I] chose to do punch lines and be comical, to show how bad I am lyrically, as opposed to how sexy I think I am.”
Check out more photos below from Nicki Minaj’s May 2011 Elle magazine spread.
On Stands April 12, 2011. Be sure to pick up a copy! Visit Elle.com for the complete article and more!
Photo source via Elle.com
- Photos: Nicki Minaj Strips Down In Elle Magazine (997now.radio.com)
- Nicki Minaj Gets Glam For Elle Magazine [PHOTOS] (hellobeautiful.com)
- Nicki Minaj, Willow Smith & Jennifer Hudson For Elle Magazine (fefesiriano.com)
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Gets Glam (997now.radio.com)
- Nicki Minaj Video to Super Bass (runtc.wordpress.com)