Posted in "Tha Carter III", Dwayne Carter, Jail Time, Just In, Lawsuits/Jail Time/Charges, Lil Wayne, Rolling Stone, Stacey Richman, Stephen Morello

Just In: Lil Wayne Moved to ‘Solitary Confinement’ at Rikers Island

Lil Wayne is facing the music after being accused of breaking jail rules by having gear for listening to tunes and was relocated Monday into what city jail officials call “punitive segregation” for a month, until his expected November 4th release date at Rikers Island. This punishment—which is the equivalent of ‘solitary confinement’ and requires him to be in his cell 23 hours a day. So he can expect to go solo for the rest of his time behind bars in a gun case.

Correction Department spokesman Stephen Morello said;

“It’s his punishment for stashing a charger and headphones for a digital music player in his cell back in May.”

Wayne generally will now be confined to his new cell 23 hours a day, with such exceptions as visits and showers, instead of being allowed to mingle with other inmates most of the day. He’ll eat in his cell and won’t get to socialize even during his hour a day of recreation, Morello said.

Wayne also will have to forego TV, and he’ll be limited to one phone call a week instead of a chat a day or more, except for calls to his lawyer, Morello said. The lawyer, Stacey Richman, had no immediate comment.

The 28-year-old rapper, one of the genre’s biggest stars, has been held since March in the Rikers Island jail complex. He pleaded guilty in October 2009 to attempted criminal possession of a weapon, admitting he had a loaded semiautomatic gun on his bus in 2007. He got a one-year sentence but is expected to serve eight months because of time off for good behavior, despite the music-player gear episode.

Officials said, “the headphones and charger were found in May, tucked in a potato chip bag in a garbage can in the rapper’s cell”.

The items are considered contraband, as inmates can listen to music only on radios and headphones sold at the jail commissary. Officers said “the music player itself turned up in another inmate’s nearby cell”.

Both men were charged with infractions that weren’t crimes and were subject to a jail disciplinary process, not a court. Information on the other inmate’s punishment wasn’t immediately available Monday.

Lil Wayne’s penalty was within norms for his infraction, Morello said.

“Possession of contraband is serious,” he said, “though not as grave as violent offenses or being caught with a weapon, for example”.

Born Dwayne Carter, Lil Wayne had the best-selling album of 2008 with “Tha Carter III,” which won a Grammy for best rap album.

As he faced incarceration, he told Rolling Stone he planned to keep up the beat behind bars.

“I’ll have an iPod, and I’ll make sure they keep sending me beats,” he told the magazine for a February story.

Sources: Yahoo News, singersroom

“Ok now I know he’s locked up for gun charges, but to get solitary confinement for the rest of his jail time over an iPod situation that happened back in May, is ridiculous! I’m sure he’s glad he’ll be out of there soon. Trust he will welcome us all with some great tunes. Nov. 4th is rapidly approaching…let me not jinx it. Good Luck Wayne!!”

Advertisements
Posted in "Billionaire", "Just the Way You Are", "Nothin' on You", 'Doo-Wops & Hooligans', B.O.B., Bruno Mars, Just In, Lawsuits/Jail Time/Charges, Travie McCoy, Travis McCoy

Just In: Bruno Mars Charged!

According to MTV News; Singer/songwriter Bruno Mars is formally charged!

Mars has been charged with felony drug possession, in Las Vegas last month, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal. The “Just the Way You Are” singer is alleged to have been in possession of 2.6 grams of cocaine after he played a show at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino on September 19.

According to Las Vegas police, Mars was taken into custody after a bathroom attendant at the Hard Rock alerted a security guard that a man was spending a lot of time one of the stalls and may have been using drugs. The attendant also said he noticed Mars, born Peter Hernandez, had a “baggy of white powder substance.” When Mars left the stall, the guard made him give up any drugs he may have had and the star produced “a white powder substance, which was consistent with cocaine, from his left-front jeans pocket.” Mars reportedly copped to his bad behavior, telling the guard he “did a foolish thing and has never used drugs before.”

Mars tested positive for cocaine at the time of his arrest and, according to The Associated Press, the star faces up to four years in jail and a $5000 fine if convicted. The singer, who has appeared on chart-rulers such as B.o.B’s “Nothin’ On You” and “Billionaire” by Travie McCoy, is due in court on November 18.

On Friday, Mars’ label Elektra issued a short statement, reading, “We congratulate Bruno Mars on his chart-topping success, and provide him with our full love and support.”

Mars’ debut LP, Doo-Wops & Hooligans drops on Tuesday.

Posted in Brian Oxman, Charles Peckham, Dr. Conrad Murray, Gerard Costantian, Joe Jackson, Just In, Kristine Brewer, Lawsuits, Lawsuits/Jail Time/Charges, Michael Jackson, Steve Cron

Just In: Joe Jackson files wrongful death suit

https://i0.wp.com/www.nowmagazine.co.uk/imageBank/j/joe-jackson.jpgMichael Jackson‘s father, Joe Jackson filed a wrongful death lawsuit Friday against the doctor charged with giving the pop superstar a lethal dose of sedatives one year ago, accusing the Nevada doctor of negligence, secrecy and poor training.

Joe Jackson sued Dr. Conrad Murray on Friday — the anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death — in federal court in Los Angeles.

The complaint, which seeks more than $75,000, accuses Murray of professional negligence for providing the singer with a mix of sedatives — including the anesthetic propofol — that authorities say killed him.

Propofol is normally administered only in hospital settings, but Murray had been providing Jackson the drug in the bedroom of the singer’s rented mansion in Los Angeles. Joe Jackson contends the physician tried to conceal his administration of the drug after Jackson’s death.

The lawsuit also names medical clinics that Murray operates in Las Vegas and Houston, claiming they did not properly train or supervise the doctor. The lawsuit was filed in federal court because Murray‘s clinics are in other states and the doctor lives in Nevada.

Murray has pleaded not guilty to an involuntary manslaughter charge filed in February. His attorneys have said that he did not give Jackson anything that “should have” killed him.

His civil attorney, Charles Peckham, repeated that assertion Friday.

“We’d like to remind people that Dr. Murray has not been found guilty of anything and we believe his innocence will be proven in a court of law,” Peckham said in a statement. “We’ve been told we were going to be sued for months so today’s filing is no surprise to us.”

Joe Jackson’s attorney, Brian Oxman said there’s a one-year deadline after a death to sue doctors in the state of California.

“It’s an important thing for Joseph Jackson,” Oxman said of the lawsuit after he personally filed it. “He wants justice for his son Michael.”

Also Friday, a court official in Nevada approved what a prosecutor called a reprieve of efforts to revoke Murray‘s medical license in that state.

Prosecutor Gerard Costantian said Murray‘s attorneys paid about $5,000 toward Murray‘s $15,000 back child support obligation, and the rest will be paid in coming months. Murray’s lawyer Kristine Brewer said later the money came from an anonymous benefactor whose name she didn’t know.

https://i0.wp.com/image.com.com/tv/images/processed/default/6c/67/6c670e5460833c1604e150c2ac8b632c_def.jpg

Murray owes the money to the mother of his 12-year-old son in California. He didn’t have to appear in court Friday. Nevada law allows for the suspension of professional licenses for nonpayment of child support.

The lawsuit came on a day when fans around the world were mourning Jackson. Joe Jackson was not seen at two of the marquee locations — the unveiling of a statue in the family’s hometown of Gary, Ind., and the Glendale, Calif., cemetery where his son is interred.

Joe Jackson‘s lawsuit claims Murray repeatedly lied to paramedics and doctors about giving Jackson propofol. Using hospital records obtained earlier this year, the lawsuit claims Murray told an emergency room doctor that he had only provided Jackson two medications, Valium and Flomax.

It also claims the doctor changed his story to police. Murray‘s attorneys have said detectives misinterpreted parts of Murray‘s statements, and their official timeline differs from what he says happened.

The lawsuit faults Murray for not keeping adequate medical records. It also says Murray used his clinics in Nevada and Texas to obtain drugs that were then given to Michael Jackson.

The Jackson family patriarch is seeking damages for a variety of issues, including loss of income and support, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.

It is unclear what money, if any, he’ll be able to collect if he wins. Even before Jackson‘s death, Murray faced mounting debts and adverse judgments in several courts for unpaid bills and child support. His $150,000 a month contract to be Jackson‘s personal physician while the singer performed in a series of comeback London concerts was never signed, and his attorneys have said he is barely hanging on financially.

The complaint leaves the door open to additional defendants being added.

“Mr. Jackson believes there are other parties responsible for Michael Jackson’s death, but has not yet gathered sufficient information regarding their potential liability or responsibility,” the complaint states.

Jackson has filed a complaint against concert promoter AEG Live with the California Medical Board, alleging it was engaged in the illegal practice of medicine by allegedly guiding Murray‘s treatments of the singer.

Steve Cron, a criminal defense attorney who also handles civil matters, including wrongful cases, said the case will likely benefit from the criminal prosecution of Murray.

He said Joe Jackson‘s attorney will now have access to evidence presented in that case, and could have the case strengthened if Murray is convicted.

“Hopefully from his point of view, Murray gets convicted,” Cron said. “If he’s convicted, that pretty much makes it a done deal that he’s liable.”

But Cron said there are disadvantages to filing the case in federal court, rather than state court where most wrongful death actions are heard. He said the case will likely move faster through the federal system than it would a state court, and the makeup of the jury will become a greater factor.

Cron said a civil jury would have to unanimously find Murray is liable; in state court only nine jurors would have to find him guilty in the civil case.

Source: OMG!

Your Thoughts?

Posted in Breaking News, Lawrence Taylor, Lawsuits/Jail Time/Charges, New York Giants, NEWS, NFL, photos, pictures, Sports, Youtube

Breaking News: Lawrence Taylor Charged With Third-Degree Rape and Released on $75K Bail

Lawrence Taylor Being Arraigned For Rape Charges.

Ex-NFL star Lawrence Taylor is arrested on charges of third degree rape of a minor and patronizing a prostitute. He has just been released on $75,000 bail.  This is not Taylor’s first run-in with the law, pass charges have included hit-and-run, and soliciting crack. The victim in the suit is not named because she’s a 16 year old run-a-way (minor).

It turns out the victim’s pimp set her up with Lawrence Taylor for $300, in a hotel where she claims she was beaten and raped. Details of the case are unfolding and Taylor’s family is claiming that he was set-up by the pimp and the 16 year old girl. His wife, Lynette is standing by his side and she’s adamant about his innocence. His lawyer has also expressed Taylor’s innocence. Cops have described Taylor as cooperative.  Reports suggest the victim had bruises and a black eye prior to meeting Lawrence Taylor. Lastly, a condom has been found at the scene which seems to suggest consensual sex. Taylor has not been charged with forcible rape at this time.

Check out the video below…

Source: YouTube
Posted in Breaking News, Hip-Hop News, Lawsuits/Jail Time/Charges, T.I.

Breaking News: T.I. Sentenced One Year And One Day

T.I.

The self-proclaimed “King of the South” will rise again. In about 366 days’ time.

As expected, T.I. was sentenced today to one year and one day in Georgia prison as part of his plea deal with prosecutors over a 2007 felony weapons charge.

“Today I would like to say thank-you to some, and apologize to all,” the rapper said.

“Everything I learned was through trial and error. I’ve learned lessons in my life to put in my music so people won’t make the same mistakes as I.”

The 28-year-old rapper, whose real name is Clifford Harris Jr., is required to voluntarily turn himself into prison within the next 30 to 60 days, but is not expected do so before May 19.

Northern Georgia District Judge Charles Pannell Jr., who praised the artist for exceeding the expectations required from his plea deal, acknowledged that T.I. had commitments that prevented him from being jailed before the May date.

It’s unclear where he will serve his time, though court officials acknowledged that he would be receiving credit for the 305 days he already spent in home detention.

“I think this has been a great experiment,” Pannell told the rapper of his plea deal. “I hope this experience can lead to other experiments so others won’t make the same mistake at all. I congratulate you.”

The Grammy-winning hip-hop star, who donned a charcoal-grey suit and was accompanied by his family, manager and longtime partner Tameka “Tiny” Cottle at the morning hearing, brokered a deal last March.

The Paper Trail performer pleaded guilty to a federal weapons charge and agreed to complete 1,000 hours of community service prior to his sentencing, pay a $100,000 fine and complete an additional 500 hours of community service after getting sprung. His jail time will be followed by an additional three years of supervised release.

He originally faced up to 10 years behind bars.

The reformed rapper has made 262 public appearances as part of his community service agreement in addition to taking part in a pro-voting campaign, working with children and appearing in the MTV reality show Road to Redemption. So far, he has completed 1,030 of the 1,500 total community service hours required.

As part of the deal, the rapper also agreed to forfeit all of the firearms and ammunition involved in the incident and waive his right to an appeal.

“We are very pleased with the result in this case,” U.S. Attorney David E. Nahmias said. “For the past year, Mr. Harris has used his high public visibility, his exceptional communication skills and his real-world life experience to deliver the right message to literally thousands of kids.”

It’s an impact Nahmias said more than made up for the deal he brokered for less time behind bars.

“His prison sentence was reduced from what it might have been, but the public got something very significant in exchange: the extensive and unique community service program that Mr. Harris committed to doing when he pleaded guilty.

“By all accounts, his community service has been a remarkable success—it certainly exceeded our expectations—and there is still more to come when he gets out of prison.”

T.I. was arrested on Oct. 13, 2007, just hours before he was scheduled to headline the BET Hip-Hop Awards after cops busted him attempting to buy unregistered machine guns and silencers.

As for his sentence, being as it is (just) more than one year long, he will be eligible for early release, should his good behavior warrant it. Had his sentence been one year or less, he would have been required to serve the duration of the time behind bars.

Source: E!

“I wish him the best, and hope for a banging new album, when he gets released. We love you T.I.”